The movie "Delta Force" was extremely hard to make because Chuck Norris had to downplay his abilities. The first few cuts were completely unbelievable.

Thank you for your support   
Windows 7 (64bit) - Motorola s305 driver issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EvilBytes Forum Index -> Knowledge Base (Microsoft Platform)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamWorkingHard
System Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Windows 7 (64bit) - Motorola s305 driver issue Reply with quote

[Problem]
I'm using motorola s305 bluetooth headset with a bluetooth adapter IOGEAR Enhanced bluetooth 2.0 (Model: GBU321) connected to my Windows 7 Professional (64bit) OS.

When I plugged in my Iogear adapter win7 immediately found the driver and installed it. I only assume it's from the HCL list (Hardware Compatibility List). Then I put my moto s305 to discovery mode by holding down the power button and it started flashing green/red rapidly. Win7 displayed that a bluetooth device was trying to connect and asked for a passkey. I entered the default listed on the manual of moto s305, passkey "0000" It pairs but has bluetooth driver issues that it cannot resolve. It's paired but has a yellow exclamation mark. I attempt to listen to rhapsody regardless and there's no sound from the s305.

[Solution]
Although win7 installed the Iogear adapter I opted to download the latest driver from their website: http://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GBU321

Installed the driver, restarted win7, and s305 worked fine.

NOTE: Make sure your bluetooth headset is selected as default and not your computer speakers. To check go to Control Panel -> Sound -> select your bluetooth headset -> click Set Default -> Apply

If this still doesn't solve your issue you can try downloading another bluetooth headset driver. This is only confirmed to work with the motorola s305. It may very well work with other headsets but definitely worked for s305. Alternate bluetooth driver by http://www.bluesoleil.com/
http://www.bluesoleil.com/support/index.asp?topic=quickguides6x

Download the driver and install it. To replace your non-working driver right click the "Bluetooth" icon displayed on your taskbar -> select Bluetooth devices -> right click your headset -> Properties -> Hardware tab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EvilBytes Forum Index -> Knowledge Base (Microsoft Platform) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: